Post your suggestions
Yeah, my take on RotU is to polish it further, not to reinvent the wheel Tongue
Would there be possible to add a new player class?

Because I got an idea, needs some more thinking tho..

EDIT: I have come up with some stuff but will not work further with out confirmation of working adding another player class.

DUBBLE EDIT: Ok, the thing is mostly done. Not sure if worth showing yet... I know it needs a special and what weapons it will use. How are classes structured anyway? Active ability and passive ability? I dunno...

TRIPPLE EDIT!!: Ok, I lied about not working until confirmation from Luk. Whistling
Classes are (at their current state):
Special, 2 primary Abilities, 3 passive Abilities, a "rough" weapon direction in order to choose his weapons from the weapon pool.
Shape Shifter can turn into a zombie as it's special.

When the player is in zombie mode this time it will go again other zombies and not humans. The zombie that the player turns into is a modification on the "tank" zombie. It will have more health, do more damage and will always run. (If not option 1 is used, then the player can control if they want to run or not.)

Option 1 for use of zombie mode: Letting the player control the zombie in a 3:rd person view and not in 1:st for obvious reasons. This use of the class would be recommended.

Option 2 for use of zombie mode: Take away the control from the player and let AI control the zombie instead. This use of the class would not be recommended.

The special will be active for about a minute or a half minute (30-60Sec) or if wanted to be candled quickly by activating the special again the play will turn back into a human again.

Or.

Having the special function disabled, and instead have another attack added.

Optional attack: Roar: Pressing (Not holding it) the "F" button will trigger another attack which will make the zombie roar. The roar will stun nearby zombies for some seconds.

The roar could also have a effect like those from FC3 by aiding the player.

How the roar could help: Giving the players a temporary damage boost on all primary weapons.

The classes weapons would be Assault Rifles, Shotguns and Sub-Machine Guns.

The Shape Shifter are not effected by infections.

Think this will do…

Please tell if need for further information.
I will give you my opinion, according to my knowledge if it can be possible to do, and give my own opinion about it.

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:Shape Shifter can turn into a zombie as it's special.
Possible, good idea for a special.

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:When the player is in zombie mode this time it will go again other zombies and not humans. The zombie that the player turns into is a modification on the "tank" zombie. It will have more health, do more damage and will always run. (If not option 1 is used, then the player can control if they want to run or not.)
Possible, attributes can be added to a players stats, yes.

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:Option 1 for use of zombie mode: Letting the player control the zombie in a 3:rd person view and not in 1:st for obvious reasons. This use of the class would be recommended.

Option 2 for use of zombie mode: Take away the control from the player and let AI control the zombie instead. This use of the class would not be recommended.

I don't like opinion 2 whatsoever, it I was the player and had that special, i would think that was stupid, because you let the "system" control it.

I'd do go for opinion 1, I would use the environment where you transform into a zombie, red sky and stuff, no tombstone, players won't damage you, and add a "melee" weapon, and not always run in this case, since the player controls the beast.

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:The special will be active for about a minute or a half minute (30-60Sec) or if wanted to be candled quickly by activating the special again the play will turn back into a human again.
30-45 seconds for me (45 max), remember other classes only have specials have activated for max 30 seconds if i remember correctly, if this would be for too long, it wouldn't be balanced, while it's special is active.

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:Or.

Having the special function disabled, and instead have another attack added.

Optional attack: Roar: Pressing (Not holding it) the "F" button will trigger another attack which will make the zombie roar. The roar will stun nearby zombies for some seconds.

So this attack would only work if the player isn't using it's special ability, and it can be used anytime? I would add a 10-20 seconds cooldown for every use of this attack. Also stunning enemy's is too good, common let's face it, the mod is easy, even with the new things i saw if your attentive (play on Moon, try to die one time, if your good), but about slowing them? That's easy to do, the attack would be like what Luk used for the boss, but with shorter radius, because the player it's not a boss, so doesn't have much "control" of it's special transforming ability.

Attributes for roar:
- +20% Slow for zombies around 250 Radius (190 is an explosive, and that sometimes doesn't get me, even if i'm only near him 2m lol)
- Minimum damage (You have that bloody special you mentioned, it's too strong if this would also had attack.)
- The zombies who received the roar, would have it's defense weakened, and player's weapons would damage it 30-40% more.
- This attack does not affect a zombie whatsoever. (Every attack/weapon has it's weakness/'s, how about crawlers or dogs?)
- Boss is Immune to this roar.

This is possible, but some effort and no-laziness needs to be put here.

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:The roar could also have a effect like those from FC3 by aiding the player.

How the roar could help: Giving the players a temporary damage boost on all primary weapons.
Above mate ^

Racso,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=4506#post4506 Wrote:The classes weapons would be Assault Rifles, Shotguns and Sub-Machine Guns.

The Shape Shifter are not effected by infections.

Possible, weapons can be identified and such if the zombie would take extra damage or not

[spoiler] In English for you guys:

If zombie was damaged/affected by roar, check the player's weapon
If weapon are Assault Rifles, Shotguns and Sub-Machine Guns
> Zombie takes extra damage[/spoiler]

About the infection, I'm against it, because Soldier has this ability already

Also i think this class should have more probability of getting infected than others, because let's say a person can't control this "transformation", and the infection, will only help make it go out of control. Something like that, like being instead of being immune to the infection, he can absorb the infection, and make his own strength, but like with everything in life, if it's too much, it would go out of control, and events would happen, there and that, and let your imagination keep thinking...
The things you are saying is pretty much the same I was thinking but to lazy to write down. You also gave me some more ideas, but I need to do some more thinking.

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea if the "enemy" zombies ware to attack the player who is in zombie mode as its priority.

Thanks for the intresst of my idea.
hm i must say that is not bad idea,pretty god,but can mod handle this?
From my knowledge everything is possible, the only problem here, is the player having the attack animation with the hands, but if bots have, i think players can have too.
The bots technically hold an empty AK-47 in their hand, but their 3rd-person animations are edited. If players would become zombie-models, they will be forced to use a weapon, which negates the whole thing.
But, It's still possible to do right?

I said that it would be in a third-person perspective so you don't see the AK-47.

[Image: quoteS.png] Quoted from "Racso"
"Letting the player control the zombie in a 3:rd person view and not in 1:st for obvious reasons."