rotu on cod4x 1.8 error
@AlexC: How do GUIDs look like on 1.8?
@Luk: GUID is deprecated, switched to playerID and steamID, but basically the playerID is the default, because not all the people using steam. It's a 19 character long number.
Oh, very interesting! I regret not following CoD4's progression towards custom versions like 1.8.
almost all servers interested in catching hackers are on codx (now at 1.8-17.2 version) Wink
Well, the 1.8 version of CoD4X is very useful, you can take screenshots from the players, prevent hacking, you can add plugins to your cod4 server, and a lot of bugfixes as well.
AlexC,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=17151#post17151 Wrote:Well, the 1.8 version of CoD4X is very useful, you can take screenshots from the players

Which would be illegal if the server is placed in Germany, I'd assume. Without a written EULA and an agreement it would be very critical to record local image data from a player. Anyway, still a nice feature. Maybe we'll upgrade to this version at some point. If there would be time Pinch
It has been written down in the EULA, load of server running in Germany, I am hosting a servers in Germany too, no problems. I can update to you if you want, I have time to do that Smile

And what about PunkBuster then? Smile That's taken screenshots as well. Smile Don't worry about that, in RotU might not needed that feature anyway.
But you can set the xmodel limit higher and assets number, so it might be useful for us.
And need to edit the b3 as well to work the new guids as well. So your database will be useless in this form. Any admins will be lost, need a clean database. So it's a bit more work, but I can do it for you if you interested.
AlexC,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=17154#post17154 Wrote:And what about PunkBuster then? Smile That's taken screenshots as well.

Punkbuster displays the EULA upon installation. Before that, you can't join PunkBuster servers. I'm not sure if people "accept" the EULA when they download 1.8. Anyway, I guess nobody will be hurt though.
The installer writes down yes. But yeah, nobody cares I think Smile
why would any fair player care?
only because cod4x crew cod 4 is still alive
who would play on full hacker server