Survival and Obliteration Group
Post your suggestions - Printable Version

+- Survival and Obliteration Group (https://www.survival-and-obliteration.com)
+-- Forum: Gameserver Area (https://www.survival-and-obliteration.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Reign of the Undead - Revolution (Official RotU-R Forum) (https://www.survival-and-obliteration.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Post your suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- sabha - 10.10.2014

How it could be annoying ?
Where is the annoying things when there will be some action and perseverance to achieve goals or more at the same time, ending the challenges and winning the map.
I think it would be fun and exciting.
And we can make referendum regarding this, sharing it here and in server with players, if it possible.!

- Luk - 10.10.2014

Well there has to be a way to display the achieved challenge to the player. Currently there are already many text messages appearing on the screen, so I'm not sure about the location, size and visibility of such challenge unlock messages.

- sabha - 10.10.2014

I trust you and I trust about your abilities..!
If indeed been activated challenges, you can add a new screen - button - through the Esc option can be positioned under spectate button or above the quit button.
Without any new text on game screen.
Think about it , I believe you can do it.

- Kifla - 10.10.2014

just an idea, but you could use old "Achievements" tab for those, and after completing some of them you could get some bonus, like extended special, more xp from dogs, better blast resistance etc.
I know this is hard to implement but that is just my idea, maybe it gives you inspiration for something similar or, well, something xD

- Luk - 10.10.2014

I think challenges should not give any buffs. I'm quite concerned about buffs, because they can easily make one single class stronger than all the other ones. Also I would like to get better basic abilities before inventing some for challenges lol.

Well, it is great to get feedback when beating challenges, wouldn't it? I could mark challenges as "to be notified" to only notify about challenges that are not easy. Like "place 100 turrets" etc.

The whole challenge thing would require me to put player-side stats saving into the scripts, which could be very time consuming and testing intensive.

I've had the idea of adding a kind-of bomb-strike where rockets come down from the sky and explode in a certain area. Problem with that is that many maps are enclosed and it doesn't feel natural when you are able to call in a bomb-strike from the sky if you're in a building.

- Kifla - 10.10.2014

Yeah I get that I just write what comes to my mind when I see idea and hope that that will encourage some other idea you have Biggrin

Also about challenges buffs, I know we are tapped out with models but buffs don't have to be something that would give someone advantage, it could be some visual buff that would just give player bragging rights, also you could do it like session related so like "Kill 100 hell zombies in one sitting" so it would count hell zombies but only during that playing session, when player disconnect he have to start over (also with this buffs wouldn't be too unfair).

- Luk - 10.10.2014

Problem with visual bragging rights is that they have to be implemented Biggrin And there is not much to add as something visual.

Headicon: Too big and annoying
Statusicon (class icon in the scoreboard): Limited to 8 by the engine and already used
New Playermodel: We are using model space already for zombies and new weapons, there is nothing left. Maybe some stock models, but that has to be discussed first, if this is something to brag about

The only thing left is the prestige icon, which is so small that it isn't worth the effort.

- Kifla - 10.10.2014

Yeah i get that, my first thought was troll face head xD but i know all models are used, but don't sweat it, you will figure out something eventually, that is not something that comes to your mind instantly Wink

- JeffSkye - 10.10.2014

Luk,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=7580#post7580 Wrote:Problem with visual bragging rights is that they have to be implemented Biggrin And there is not much to add as something visual.

Headicon: Too big and annoying
Statusicon (class icon in the scoreboard): Limited to 8 by the engine and already used
New Playermodel: We are using model space already for zombies and new weapons, there is nothing left. Maybe some stock models, but that has to be discussed first, if this is something to brag about

The only thing left is the prestige icon, which is so small that it isn't worth the effort.
Maybe something like a small trail FX ?

- Luk - 11.10.2014

We are also short on FX... mp_surv_jakram_v2 already doesn't work with RotU-R due to the FX limit.