You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Survival and Obliteration Group. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Classified

Assistant Admin

• "Classified" started this thread

Activity points: 10775

Level: 36

Experience: 986,714

Next Level: 1,000,000

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 11:08pm

Empty server list and being unable to join a server

Okay, so, this is quite unusual.. It's the first time this happened to me and I am really puzzled and sure could use some help.

Alright, to the main point: A few days ago, when I started up Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer and went to the "Join Server" tab, I expected to find all my Favorites in there (since I join mostly my favorite servers), but I only found 4 or 5 of them. I said "Well okay I guess.. Have to refresh". Refreshed once, twice and many more times but I could see 5 - 10 (MAX) out of the 30 servers I have in total (the rest would only show up as white addresses with the last maps etc etc.. which in a few words means that are not-joinable). And the weird thing is.. It weren't the same servers each time, but different ones would come up. For example the first time it was RotU-R (our server), alongisde our World at War server and the Snowball server, and then a couple TDM servers and a KtK server. After the first refresh I had 6 other servers that were TDM, Domination, Search and Destroy. And after the second refresh I had some other servers. After the third refresh I had the ones I had in the beginning and then it went like some sort of loop.. But still I could see one or two different servers each time.

This went on for about three or four days, but today, I went to the "Join Server" tab and I couldn't find any server. Every single one of my favorites would appear as "white and non-joinable", and at the Internet servers, when I press refresh, it will search but no servers at all will appear. Which is, in itself, really strange. And even if I try to connect through the console of the game, it will just go on with the "Awaiting gamestate" thing and not connect.

Now, I thought of re-installing my game, but that would mean losing every progress I've done so far to any mod and gamemode, so I'll try to avoid that if possible, and I've also thought of re-patching my game with the 1.7 patch (I'll surely find one on the Internet). But I just wanted to ask you guys first to see if you've encountered anything like this before, and if you have a solution different than the ones I thought of.

Thanks in advance,
Class.
Humans are learning from their mistakes.

Classified,
Puffy Community Assistant Administrator.

Classified

Assistant Admin

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 11:38am

Well.. Problem continues. Anyone that might have an idea on what to do? Should I just proceed with reinstalling (or repatching first) or are there any other possible solutions?

Classified,

Я-Wim-R

If there is no good without the bad, should we be glad that we have people violating the law?

Absent until: Wednesday, July 28th 9999, 11:59pm

Activity points: 24035

Level: 41

Experience: 2,182,940

Next Level: 2,530,022

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 12:29pm

do you have any other (newer) patches on CoD installed? Did you recently join a new modded server?

Xfire: Wimtzw
Origin: Wimtzw
Steam: Wimtzw

Overwolf: Wimtzw

AlexC

Intermediate

Activity points: 1540

Level: 26

Experience: 102,255

Next Level: 125,609

• alexandercurl

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 12:58pm

That is a CoD4X 1.8 client and serverside bug as well, we're working on it.
Alex C.

Classified

Assistant Admin

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 11:11am

I avoided the CoD4X 1.8 patch for a long time, and still have not re-installed the damned thing. When I first installed it, my game crashed many times and sometimes I was forced to restart my computer. Annoyed me too much so I uninstalled it..

As for joining *new* modded servers.. Well, I don't know about new, but I've been playing mostly KtK the last few days I came back to CoD4, and some TDM and SnD. I tried to join TDM servers that had the 1.8 patch though.. It asked me to install the patch but I always said abort and was just disconnecting from the servers. It opened a different window when it tried to join, like I had a different game opened (with different ranks and all that). I don't know.. I patched the game with the 1.7 patch but still nothing happened. I'll search in my game directory to see if CoD4X 1.8 is there, and if it is I'll try to uninstall it once more. But in my game menu it clearly says 1.7.568.

If I do have 1.8 then it must be the bug Alex mentioned. I'll check it out and I'll let you know.

Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, so, shit just got a lot weirder.. I cannot join *any* servers in: CoD4, CoD MW3, BF3, BF BC2, CoD BO.

The only game that I was able to play in Multiplayer was freaking Minecraft.

What the hell is happening with my system? It's not like I can't connect to the internet (well, I am writing these things right now..). I can connect just fine but in the games I get errors all the time. I don't know wtf man.. Now I begin to think I need to reboot Windows and start from scratch with it. I'm gonna scan for viruses but I don't think that that would be the case.

Has any of you encoutered this kind of thing before?

Classified,

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Classified" (Jun 28th 2017, 11:11am)

Я-Wim-R

If there is no good without the bad, should we be glad that we have people violating the law?

Absent until: Wednesday, July 28th 9999, 11:59pm

Activity points: 24035

Level: 41

Experience: 2,182,940

Next Level: 2,530,022

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 4:26pm

it sounds like it might be a problem with your internet connection, I'm guessing it could be your router.

Xfire: Wimtzw
Origin: Wimtzw
Steam: Wimtzw

Overwolf: Wimtzw

Classified

Assistant Admin

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 1:49pm

Well.. I thought about it but it did not make sense.. My download speed is normal and I can connect to the internet just fine. Why would my games be any different? If it was my router and my connection I shouldn't be able to even watch a single youtube video.

Classified,

Kifla

Forum Moderator

Activity points: 10595

Experience: 841,347

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 8:59pm

My friend had similar problem couldn't connect to any bf3 server, other games worked fine... After a lot of research on net only thing we could find is that his internet provider somehow blocked ports used for bf3 server... I know it'a long shoot in the dark but you might want to call them and ask them about that?
Thank you for reading this post, you are awesome :love:

Classified

Assistant Admin

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 11:43pm

I am gonna check it out. Thanks :)

EDIT: Problem is fixed, I don't know how though.. I just managed to find servers and join them, both in CoD and in other games. I checked some things in my Firewall, so maybe something was up in there. Still, it's good now.

Classified,

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Classified" (Jul 1st 2017, 11:43pm)

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Luk (02.07.2017), Я-Wim-R (02.07.2017)

THE-KOT

Beginner

Activity points: 295

Level: 17

Experience: 10,986

Next Level: 13,278

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 5:33pm

For the future, Save the folder (players) and file (servercache) as well as the key you use in the game to another drive. And you can safely delete the game and reinstall Windows. :P

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Luk (17.07.2017)

Puffy

Administrator

Activity points: 44575

Level: 43

Experience: 3,122,438

Next Level: 3,609,430

• puffy2411
  • puffy2411

Sunday, July 16th 2017, 2:20am